Recently a 50-employee organization contacted KalioTek looking for a new option for IT services in Los Altos. Like many Silicon Valley and San Francisco small- and medium-sized businesses, the company reached out to KalioTek for high-level IT consultation and services provided by the leading IT provider in the Bay Area.
For many companies, IT challenges and obstacles can have a major impact on daily operations, growth opportunities and business goals. At KalioTek, our engineers, consultants and technical staff build customized IT solutions for each of our clients.
What Challenges Can KalioTek Address?
The company that contacted KalioTek in early 2019 operates a business location with multiple vendors in need of IT and point-of-sale (POS) system support. The company had become dissatisfied with the service provided by its current IT partner. The company felt it needed to make some changes quickly — in the next 2-3 months or sooner.
These challenges — a dissatisfaction with an existing provider, customers and partners depending on reliable IT solutions and a short turnaround time — are common. When your IT isn’t working, it can slow down everything. Companies are looking for IT services in Los Altos and throughout the Bay Area that are reliable, innovative and attentive.
Your company may need any number of IT services. Ideally, you would have one IT partner that understands all of your systems and needs. At KalioTek, we offer a full suite of IT services, including:
- Complete management of your IT systems
- Best practices in IT solutions, policies and procedures
- A comprehensive approach to cybersecurity
- Service desk support, including onboarding, procurement and termination management
- Strategic IT planning and monthly reporting
- Selection and deployment of communications, messaging and collaboration tools
- Data backup and recovery services
- Business continuity process design and solutions to ensure operability during and after an emergency
- IT vendor management
What Managed IT Services in Los Altos Are Available?
Many small- and medium-sized companies struggle with how to manage IT. Hiring a small number of full-time employees is one option, but it’s nearly impossible to find a team with the breadth of skills necessary to do everything the company needs. Small internal staffs spend the bulk of their time onboarding new employees and troubleshooting hardware and software. The critical tasks of security, monitoring, vendor management and strategic planning go by the wayside.
That’s why a managed IT solution makes sense. With KalioTek managed IT, your company can use:
- Proactive IT planning
- 24/7 customer support
- IT infrastructure maintenance
- Managed security solutions
- A service desk that goes beyond typical help-desk models. The KalioTek service desk is staffed by trained and experienced IT engineers that can troubleshoot problems, manage business processes and resolve security issues
- IT consulting for IT and IT security products, whether on-premises, cloud-based or hybrid
These services are provided at a predictable monthly rate, reduce your reliance on internal IT staff and deliver reliable service provided by our experienced teams.
How Can IT Services in Los Altos Make Us More Productive?
Cloud computing is becoming the norm for businesses that want to improve productivity and collaboration. Cloud solutions allow your company to host your data and applications in a secure, accessible and monitored platform. Cloud storage solutions let employees access information and tools from anywhere with a wireless connection,
Here are some of the cloud solutions KalioTek provides:
- Cloud Platforms. KalioTek has designed and implemented cloud solutions using AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. We assist with the data migration, 24/7 monitoring and development of automation scripts to simplify processes and provide greater accuracy.
- File Storage and Collaboration. Box, SharePoint, Dropbox and Egnyte are frequently used file-sharing and storage platforms. Let KalioTek help your company decide which solution has the tools you need.
- Productivity Suites. Microsoft Office 365 and Google’s G-Suite give your employees access to familiar tools for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and email. When you use cloud versions of these popular tools, you allow teams to access and share information from any device at any time from anywhere. Our IT professionals handle the migration of your email, calendars, address books and tasks to the cloud.
- Identity and Access Management. Identity verification and file access are important processes to ensure employees and other users are using the information they need while restricting access to unauthorized areas. Azure Active Directory and Okta are two of the top solutions KalioTek uses to keep your data secure.
- Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP). VoIP phone systems give your company more functionality, greater flexibility and improved speed. With these tools at your disposal, you can also more easily transmit data and video information using internet connections.
- Backup and Data Recovery. Business continuity planning is essential for companies wanting to keep their operations functional during and immediately after a natural or manmade disaster. Regularly scheduled automated cloud backups are the backbone of your disaster recovery efforts. With the right plans in place, you’ll have minimal downtime in the event of a fire, earthquake, flood or other incidents. If your systems fall victim to a cyberattack, having easily accessible backups available minimizes business disruption.
Cloud services reduce your need to monitor and maintain systems and servers, free up space and lower your utility bills by eliminating the need for power and cooling your data center.
How Safe Are Managed IT Services in Los Altos?
Today’s businesses need robust solutions that protect your IT solutions at every vantage point. KalioTek provides a blanket of security over all your systems, devices and users.
Data and system security issues are a growing threat to businesses. According to an Accenture study, cybercrime incidents are on the rise and becoming more costly:
- The average cost of a malware attack to companies is $2.4 million.
- It takes companies an average of 50 days to resolve a malicious insider attack.
- It takes 23 days to resolve a ransomware attack.
- On average, a company faced 130 security breaches annually in 2017, up 22.4 percent in one year.
“The foundation of a strong and effective security program is to identify and ‘harden’ the higher-value assets,” Accenture wrote. “These are the “’crown jewels’ of a business—the assets most critical to operations, subject to the most stringent regulatory penalties, and the source of important trade secrets and market differentiation.”
That’s why you need a comprehensive approach to cybersecurity that includes:
- Next-generation firewalls that monitor your network perimeter, detecting suspicious activity and resolving issues before they become major problems
- Anti-malware, anti-phishing and anti-spam solutions installed on all devices, monitored and updated automatically
- Solutions that address regulatory mandates
- Employee training
KalioTek is not a technology reseller. We take an unbiased approach to your technology needs and deliver the right solution for your unique situation. To learn more about how the Bay Area’s leading technology solutions firm can help your business excel, schedule a free initial consultation today.