We live in dangerous times.
Stories of data breaches, ransomware, and hacking fill the newspapers and television news broadcasts. Cybercrime is a constant threat to all businesses today. It has become an automated, sophisticated and professional enterprise. The answer to these troubling realities is managed security.
Data security is now a board-level concern and the responsibility of every CEO. The consequences of a data breach are severe. Customers, partners, and investors can lose confidence in your business. If that happens, your sales and the investments that you need to continue to scale begin to dry up. Added to this is the fact that large regulatory and legal penalties are a real possibility.
Gone are the days when you could manage security with a firewall and antivirus software. Your employees are inviting threats into your network daily by clicking on phishing links and using weak passwords. Mobile devices with sensitive data are another glaring problem. They must be secured.
In fact, no point security technology will fully protect you. You now need ongoing security practices where security is a part of everyone’s job, led and monitored by qualified IT security professionals.
Compliance is NOT the same as Managed Security
Most emphasis in emerging businesses is on gaining regulatory compliance. This is necessary for winning customers and satisfying gatekeepers and provides a baseline of necessary practices. However, compliance is NOT ENOUGH to keep your business secure. “Compliant” businesses are compromised all the time. Compliance is a periodic snapshot. Requirements move slowly. Cyber-criminals move much faster, and always will.
Managed security services from KalioTek will fill the gap. We can blend these services in our IT+Security Managed Services or provide them separately as Managed Security Services, working with your internal IT team.
IT skills and Managed Security skills are different
In-house operational IT teams do not manage security well. IT is all about providing capability and fixing functional problems, quickly and efficiently. This focus is the enemy of security practices. A different set of eyes with different skills and clear security priorities is needed. Separation of duties is required, just like in Finance.
Did you know this about IT security?
- 84% of cyber attacks could be prevented by five security controls, and that these are not typically handled by IT?
- 80% of breaches involve stolen or weak credentials?
- Small and emerging businesses are most at risk with 2/3 of the attacks?
Let us show you how you can have affordable and consistent IT security.
KalioTek Delivers the Managed Security Services that Protect You!
KalioTek security professionals have been fighting the bad guys for many years, for businesses whose very existence depends on us. We know what to do and how to do it.
Your cyber security program will contain the following key components mandated by CIS and NIST security regimens:
- Educate – business leaders and teams
- Protect – create a plan, implement controls
- Monitor – account changes, security logs…
- Measure – progress against plan, compliance to controls
Some of the specific deliverables of our managed security services include:
- A designated IT security leader, with experience and security credentials, will be assigned to work with you. Our team has CISSP, CISA, CISM, QSA and Security+ certifications and plenty of real-world experience.
- Ongoing reporting with security dashboard and recommendations
- Implementation of proven security CIS and NIST controls
- Development of appropriate IT Security Policies: acceptable use, security, data privacy, password, access permissions, HR, physical security, vendor/partner security, etc.
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) from Security Policies: incident response, disaster recovery, business continuity, vulnerability and risk assessment, permissions, etc.
- Implementation of appropriate security technologies
- Employee security awareness training, good cyber-hygiene practices
- Physical and HR security policies and procedures
- Immediate Service Desk access for security-related events
- Proactive solutions to potential Ransomware, Malware, or Spyware infections
- 24/7 monitoring
Due to human error and zero-day attacks, no business is ever 100% secure. However, appropriate ongoing precautions can dramatically reduce your risk profile and make sure it is easier for cyber-attackers to move on to their next target.
Leverage Our Managed Security Expertise and Move Forward with Confidence!
Our proactive approach to IT security and management will help you plug the holes and keep them closed before they become BIG problems. And we can do this for you at surprisingly affordable costs.
No business leader wants to spend their workday worried about whether or not their business is secure. Let KalioTek partner with you to safeguard your systems, data, and business. With KalioTek’s IT security experts on the job, you’ll have confidence that your security is well-managed, allowing you to focus on moving your business forward.
Kaliotek delivers the managed security services that companies across Silicon Valley and the Bay Area rely on every day. Let us be your security partner.