A Financial Services firm grew from 1 to 40 branch offices and completed a successful acquisition by a large bank with the help of KalioTek.
How? We steered them through their journey to leadership with the right IT solutions, security, and compliance.
Their IT & Security Systems Passed Regulatory With Flying Colors Thanks To KalioTek!
Here’s what happened:
KalioTek’s financial services client of 15 years completed a successful acquisition by a large national bank.
Given the bank’s regulatory requirements, much attention was focused on their IT and security systems during the diligence phase. They passed with flying colors due to our successful IT implementation.
Not only did their IT come through with no issues, but due to the modern cloud-based IT and security solutions we implemented, they were well positioned for technological leadership in the 12,000-employee bank.
The Financial Services Firm grew to several hundred people. They hired an internal IT team, and we continued to be deeply involved after the acquisition.
- Managed complex technology implementations and security projects,
- Provided IT management consulting, and
- Filled in when there were unplanned IT team vacancies.
Their chairman, understanding the firm’s reliance on solid IT, noted:
“With KalioTek, I can sleep at night because my IT is not at risk of getting 2-weeks’ notice from anyone on my IT team. Stable IT requires a stable IT team. KalioTek provides that and will always have a key role in our IT strategy.”
Key initiatives included:
- Migration from internally-hosted Exchange to cloud-based Microsoft Office 365.
- Cookie-cutter setup for new branch offices, enabling rapid expansion and acquisitions.
- Implementation of VeloCloud to link all their offices in a secure and easy-to-manage SD-WAN (software-defined wide area network).
- Low-cost internet connections.
- Migration of numerous enterprise systems from a co-location facility to cloud-based applications and platforms, including Azure.
- Implementation of Okta for single-sign-on, multi-factor authentication and automated provisioning/termination of users.
- Implementation of Box for secure file-sharing and partner collaboration.
- Encryption of all user machine hard disks.
- Axcient backup systems to provide secure disk-to-disk-to-cloud backup, disaster recovery and business continuity for files and systems.
- Development of GLBA-compliant policies and procedures.
- Periodic vulnerability scans and penetration tests.
- Implementation of a Cloud Access Security Broker, ensuring that confidential information won’t leak to the Cloud.
- IT security monitoring and incident management.
- Implementation of cloud-based endpoint protection to prevent sensitive data from being copied to USBs or other plug-in devices.
We continue providing IT services and support for expansion and technology-forward initiatives. These are currently in the planning stages, with emphasis on enabling their business objectives. All the while, KalioTek ensures the firm’s technology always remains secure and compliant with regulatory requirements.
Does your financial services firm in the San Francisco Bay Area need secure and compliant IT? Contact the team at KalioTek for a complimentary consult. We have the experience and knowledge to ensure you succeed with the right technology.