When Was The Last Time A Business IT Professional Looked At Your Computer Network?
Don’t Put Your Business At Risk.
The KalioTek Rapid IT+Security Assessment Provides “Peace Of Mind” That Your Technology Investments Are Secure, Working As Designed & Employees Remain Efficient.
Your business faces enough risks without making your fundamental operations processes one of them. A well-timed breakdown in your IT security, email, or network could hurt you when you are most vulnerable. Companies need to make an assessment of their IT capabilities at important transition points to be confident of their stability.
KalioTek has performed hundreds of rapid IT assessment projects for emerging and mid-sized companies, using proven methodologies, tools, and templates to minimize the cost. We present a detailed report with our prioritized recommendations.
A side benefit is the delivery of a concise documentation package that provides all the detailed information necessary to provide effective, efficient IT support in one convenient location. This documentation package protects you from loss of important details if key IT support personnel leave the company.
Initial IT+Security Assessment, Planning, and Documentation
- Review IT and security capabilities to support current and future business objectives
- Risk assessment of current infrastructure
- Assess current IT infrastructure
- Private, public, or hybrid cloud computing
- Current cloud usage: what data is stored there, what security mechanisms are in place
- Managing and logging access to cloud backend
- LAN/WAN architecture, remote access
- Network infrastructure components: firewall, switches, wireless, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Server hardware, OS patch levels
- Email system and mobile messaging architecture
- Data storage
- Server backup architecture and procedure
- Infrastructure monitoring
- Server room design
- Anti-spam, anti-virus systems
- Phone system
- IT documentation
- Review core/mission-critical applications
- Vulnerability scan
- Security configurations
- Understand current IT policies and procedures
- Hardware and software standards
- IT support process and coverage/helpdesk system
- New hire/termination process
- HW/SW purchase process
- Desktop/Laptop backup process
- Security policies
- Security practices
- Provide gap analysis and needed capabilities to address future business objectives